Important Things to Consider
There are a few additional factors that you’ll need to consider when evaluating your contacts potential for solar.
- Own the building or property and have a large unobstructed area on the roof or grounds
- Have a roof that is in good condition (for rooftop solar)
- Higher portion of electrical consumption is done during the day, especially in summer or winter seasons.
- Have a passthrough ownership structure with significant tax liability
- Company has publicly stated sustainability goals or made commitments to consumers
- Located in an area with higher utility electricity rates
- Located in a state with solar incentives
For the right company solar is an easy sell that pays for itself. However, solar may not make as much financial sense for companies with shaded facilities, a roof or electrical service that requires repair or upgrade, or who do not have worthy business credit.